All Things Green Tea

25 August 2016 Jeju-si, Jeju-do, South Korea

O'sulloc green tea farm

There are 2 things in life I want to try before I die. Bungee Jumping and Plantation / Vegetable Farming.

I grew up in a city. A Metropolitan City. There aren't even proper farms where I live.

Growing up, I've always wondered what it was like to be a farmer. My only experience with farming was hydroponic farming at the age of 11. Oh when I brought home that little bunch of Kang Kong (Water Spinach) I was ecstatic. I remember my grandma bursting into laughter when she saw my vegetables - I told her I farmed enough vegetables with my class for the whole family (in her defence she did question me several times as to how my school had that kind of space).

This is why whenever I get to visit a farm, any kind of plantation area, i'm always more than excited.

O'sulloc green tea jeju korea
O'sulloc green tea jeju korea farm

Visiting the O'Sulloc Green Tea Museum wasn't initially on the itinerary of things to do on the tour I was on during my time in Jeju. But, midway through the day, we were about to have lunch when the bus pulled up by the famous O'Sulloc Green Tea Museum, You have no idea how happy I was to be able to spend that short amount of time there.

The place had rows and rows of green tea plantation, and when you rub your fingers on the leaves, a faint green tea smell lingers.

O'sulloc green tea
O'sulloc green tea korea
O'sulloc green tea plantation jeju korea
O'sulloc green tea korea

If you know me you know that I FREAKING LOVE TEA. With all my heart and soul. I don't discriminate when it comes to tea. But green tea. Oh, how I adore the smell of green tea.

I love green tea cakes, I love green tea itself - hot AND cold, Green tea latte, I love green tea ice cream. Green Tea Everything. Getting to see the green tea farm and then getting to taste the products in the form of the food served at O'Sulloc Green Tea House makes for such a special experience.

I wish I had extra time to actually explore the museum, to perhaps see the manufacturing process or how green tea is dried and processed. Unfortunately, we had to rush off for lunch.

O'sulloc green tea korea
O'sulloc green tea korea

Truth be told, the green tea at O'Sulloc Café is not the best. 2 thumbs up for the green tea rolls and green tea itself, but the latte and bingsoo were pretty average. If you would compare it to say Japanese matcha, i'd choose the Japanese green tea over this.

But somehow, getting to see the green tea plantation, touching the green tea leaves and remembering the smell it left on my finger, made me appreciate the food even more, and made me less critical.
After all it's Korea, not Japan, to each its own flavour!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Travel and Life | By Carina Chung . Design by Fearne .